Brilliant Books Monthly Box Design Contest
Think you have what it takes to design our 2022 Young Readers' Brilliant Books Monthly Welcome Box? Now's your chance to find out!
Share your idea for a brand new design for our welcome boxes and enter for your chance to win a 12 month subscription of your own.
Who May Enter:
No purchase is necessary to enter the contest, but entries will need a valid email address. This contest is open to U.S. residents age 12 & under (as of the date of entry) with the approval and oversight of a parent/guardian.
How to Enter:
To enter this contest, first download the Contest Template (also available at the bottom of the page). This can be printed, or your young artist can create digital artwork. Any artistic medium is acceptable, but all designs must adhere to the following rules:
- The design must use the provided template and not obscure the elements present in it (including the Brilliant Books Logo).
- The design must relate to reading or books in some way.
- The design must be exclusively the work of the young artist entering the contest. This includes all graphics, photos, fonts, textures, etc. The use of any copyrighted material is reason for disqualification.
Once the design is complete, scan it, snap a photo, or upload the image file and submit it, along with all required information, using our Contest Entry Form. Entries may be submitted from September 1, 2021, until December 31, 2021 at 11:59 pm EST.
How to Win:
The winner will be selected by our staff in a blind vote in January, 2022. They will not know who created each piece and will be asked to select their favorite. Whichever piece gets the most votes will be our winner! We'll then contact the parent/guardian of the winning artist via email to collect a shipping address and determine which Brilliant Books Monthly subscription is best for your young artist. The winner will then recieve a complementary welcome box for their new subscription featuring their new design!
If you have further questions about the official regulations of this contest, read the details below, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The giveaway is open to residents of the United States age 12 and under as of the date of entry; all participants must provide proof of the approval and oversight of an appropriate parent/guardian. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”, referring collectively to both the minor entering the competition and parent/guardian overseeing and approving said minor) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Brilliant Books as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted starting on September 1, 2021, until December 31, 2021 at 11:59 pm EST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting a full application through the webform provided and must adhere to these guidelines:
- Provide artist's name, state, and age
- Provide parent/guardian's name and contact information
- Provide a file to view the artwork. A PDF file is preferred, but other standard image formats are acceptable. The artwork must be clearly visible, and may be photographed, scanned, or uploaded directly from digital artwork applications.
- Art must be original works of the artist entering the contest. This includes all graphics, photos and fonts and other elements.
- Contestant must grant Brilliant Books the following rights over the artwork:
- To edit and prepare for print the winning artwork or elements thereof for use (in print) on up to 1,000 Brilliant Books Monthly Welcome Boxes
- To display, in perpetuity, digital and/or print representations of the winning artwork or elements thereof (for example, including photographs of the boxes featuring the winning design online, in social media, etc).
The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Brilliant Books. You may enter only once; households where more than one minor wish to enter may do so under the direction of the same parent/guardian but must complete separate qualifying entries. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Brilliant Books.
5. Prizes: The Winner of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a 12 month Brilliant Books Monthly subscription catered to the age and reading level of the winner. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Brilliant Books. No prize substitution shall be permitted except at Brilliant Books' discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Brilliant Books to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by the Brilliant Books Staff during the time between January 1, 2022, and January 31, 2022. The winner shall be selected by vote of current Brilliant Books Staff Members. Winner will be notified by an announcement post on the Brilliant Books Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter page and via private email no later than February 1, 2022. Brilliant Books shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within three (3) days from the time award notification was sent, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected; the alternate shall be the recipient of the greatest number of valid votes, barring the original winner. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT BRILLIANT BOOKS' SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Brilliant Books, anyone acting on behalf of Brilliant Books, and Brilliant Books' licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your name, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: Brilliant Books reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Brilliant Books' control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Brilliant Books may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Brilliant Books. Brilliant Books reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the giveaway or violates these Terms & Conditions. Brilliant Books has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Brilliant Books reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Brilliant Books and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND MICHIGAN, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Michigan having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name, refer to the announcement made on the Brilliant Books Instagram page on February 1, 2022.
13. This giveaway hosted by Brilliant Books is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Google, or any other platform on which it may be referenced, promoted, or advertised.