Zag: The #1 Strategy of High-Performance Brands (One-Off) (Paperback)
When everybody zigs, zag, says author Marty Neumeier in this fresh view of brand strategy. ZAG follows the ultra-clear whiteboard overview style of Neumeier's first book, THE BRAND GAP, but drills deeper into the question of how brands can harness the power of differentiation. The author argues that in an extremely cluttered marketplace, traditional differentiation is no longer enough--today companies need "radical differentiation" to create lasting value for their shareholders and customers. In an entertaining 3-hour read you'll learn: - why me-too brands are doomed to fail
- how to read customer feedback on new products and messages
- the 17 steps for designing "difference" into your brand
- how to turn your brand's "onliness" into a "trueline" to drive synergy
- the secrets of naming products, services, and companies
- the four deadly dangers faced by brand portfolios
- how to "stretch" your brand without breaking it
- how to succeed at all three stages of the competition cycle For a quick peek inside ZAG, go to www.zagbook.com.
About the Author
Marty Neumeier's professional mission is to incite business revolution by unleashing the power of design thinking. He does this by writing books, conducting workshops, and speaking internationally about the power of brand, innovation, and design. Marty serves as Director of Transformation at Liquid Agency, and divides his writing time between California and southwest France.