Just Don't Be an Asshole: A Surprisingly Necessary Guide to Being a Good Guy (Hardcover)
Ships Today - Not Currently In-Store
This is the tough love that boys need to hear today: a candid and whipsmart guide to being a good guy in a world full of assh*les.
In this frank, funny, and necessary guidebook, Kara Kinney Cartwright, a mom who has raised two teenage boys, compiles all the unwritten rules of being a good guy. As it turns out, everyone needs to learn one major lesson to safely avoid assh*le territory: other people are also humans. (Whoa, right?)
Just Don’t Be an Assh*le contains everything young men need to know to have positive interactions, make the best decisions, and recognize when they’re being jerks. Things like,
Just don’t be an assh*le:
• To your family (parents are not your employees)
• To your friends (they’ll laugh at you, not with you)
• At work (no one wants to hear your podcast idea)
• To women (“Are you up?” doesn’t qualify as romance)
• Online (if you wouldn’t do it in real life, don’t do it)
• In the world (people unlike you are also people)
• To yourself (it’s okay not to have all the answers)
About the Author
Kara Kinney Cartwright always says, please, thank you, and excuse me—even on the subway. She married a total good guy and, through relentless lecturing, threatening, teasing, cash bribing, and tricking, they have raised two sons who are not assh*les, for the most part. If you happen to know her in person, this book is not about you, for the most part. She lives near Washington, DC, and works as a law book editor.