The Whale (Lighthouse Family #2) (Paperback)
Not Currently In-Store; May require 2-3 days before shipping
Other Books in Series
This is book number 2 in the Lighthouse Family series.
- #1: The Storm (Lighthouse Family #1) (Paperback): $5.99
- #3: The Eagle (Lighthouse Family #3) (Paperback): $5.99
- #4: The Turtle (Lighthouse Family #4) (Hardcover): $17.99
- #5: The Octopus (Lighthouse Family #5) (Hardcover): $17.99
- #6: The Otter (Lighthouse Family #6) (Paperback): $5.99
- #7: The Sea Lion (Lighthouse Family #7) (Hardcover): $17.99
- #8: The Bear (Lighthouse Family #8) (Hardcover): $17.99
Newbery Medalist Cynthia Rylant brings the peaceful sounds, sights, and characters of the coast vividly to life in the second book of the Lighthouse Family series, in which the family helps reunite a baby beluga whale with its mother.
Pandora, Seabold, Whistler, Lila, and Tiny have all been enjoying the love and comfort that being a family brings. It is a comfort they are unexpectedly reminded of when Whistler and Lila hear the cries of a lonely baby beluga whale named Sebastian. When they learn that he has lost his mama, the Lighthouse Family, with the help of a cranky but noble old cormorant named Huck, does all it can to bring Sebastian and his mother together again.
About the Author
Cynthia Rylant is the author of more than 100 books for young people, including the beloved Henry and Mudge, Annie and Snowball, Brownie & Pearl, Motor Mouse, and Mr. Putter & Tabby series. Her novel Missing May received the Newbery Medal. She lives in Portland, Oregon.
Preston McDaniels is the illustrator of the Phineas L. MacGuire series and Cynthia Rylant’s Lighthouse Family series. He lives in Aurora, Nebraska, with his wife and two daughters.