The Silver Bullets of Annie Oakley: An Elemental Masters Novel (Hardcover)
Ships in 2-3 days; Not Currently In-Store
Other Books in Series
This is book number 16 in the Elemental Masters series.
- #1: The Serpent's Shadow (Elemental Masters #1) (Mass Market): $9.89
- #2: The Gates of Sleep (Elemental Masters #2) (Mass Market): $9.89
- #3: Phoenix and Ashes (Elemental Masters #3) (Mass Market): $9.89
- #4: The Wizard of London (Elemental Masters #4) (Mass Market): $8.79
- #5: Reserved for the Cat (Elemental Masters #5) (Mass Market): $8.79
- #6: Unnatural Issue (Elemental Masters #6) (Mass Market): $9.89
- #7: Home From the Sea (Elemental Masters #7) (Mass Market): $9.89
- #8: Steadfast (Elemental Masters #8) (Mass Market): $9.89
- #9: Blood Red (Elemental Masters #9) (Mass Market): $8.79
- #10: From a High Tower (Elemental Masters #10) (Mass Market): $9.89
- #11: A Study in Sable (Elemental Masters #11) (Mass Market): $8.79
- #12: A Scandal in Battersea (Elemental Masters #12) (Hardcover): $29.70
- #13: The Bartered Brides (Elemental Masters #13) (Hardcover): $29.70
- #14: The Case of the Spellbound Child (Elemental Masters #14) (Mass Market): $9.89
- #15: Jolene (Elemental Masters #15) (Mass Market): $8.99
2022 Dragon Award Winner
The sixteenth novel in the magical alternate history Elemental Masters series follows sharpshooter Annie Oakley as she tours Europe and discovers untapped powers.
Annie Oakley has always suspected there is something "uncanny" about herself, but has never been able to put a name to it. But when Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show goes on tour through Germany, Bill temporarily hires a new sharpshooter to be part of his "World Wide Congress of Rough Riders": a woman named Frida, who also happens to be an Elemental Master of Air. Alongside this new performer, Annie discovers that she and her husband, Frank, are not simply master marksman, but also magicians of rare ability.
As they travel and perform, Annie must use her newfound knowledge and rare skill to combat creatures of the night scattered across the countryside, who threaten both the performers and the locals. Annie's got her gun, and it's filled with silver bullets.
About the Author
Mercedes Lackey is a full-time writer and has published numerous novels and works of short fiction, including the best-selling Heralds of Valdemar series. She is also a professional lyricist and a licensed wild bird rehabilitator.
Praise for the Elemental Masters series
“Lackey’s fantastical world of Elementals, plus her delightful Nan and Sarah, create an amusing contrast for Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes and John Watson…. The mix of humor, history, fantasy, and mystery is balanced in a way that any reader could pick up the book and thoroughly enjoy it from beginning to end.” —RT Reviews
“The Paris of Degas, turn-of-the-century Blackpool, and the desperation of young girls without family or other protection come to life in a story that should interest a broad readership.” —Booklist
“All in fine fairy-tale tradition.... It’s grim fun, with some nice historical detail, and just a hint of romance to help lighten things.” —Locus
“The action and dialogue flow freely, mingling with beautiful descriptions of European countryside and just a hint of romance.... A well-developed heroine and engaging story.” —Publishers Weekly
“The fifth in the series involving the mysterious Elemental Masters, this story of a resourceful young dancer also delivers a new version of a classic fairy tale. Richly detailed historic backgrounds add flavor and richness to an already strong series that belongs in most fantasy collections. Highly recommended.” —Library Journal
“The Elementals novels are beautiful, romantic adult fairy tales. Master magician Mercedes Lackey writes a charming fantasy.” —Worlds of Wonder
“Ms. Lackey is a master in fantasy, and this visit to an alternate historical England is no exception. Vivid characterization and believable surroundings are flawlessly joined in a well-detailed world.” —Darque Reviews
"I find Ms. Lackey's Elemental Masters series a true frolic into fantasy." —Fantasy Book Spot