Helicopter Air Ambulance Landing Zone Operations: A Complete Landing Zone Guide for Firefighters, Paramedics, and First Responders (Paperback)
Selecting and preparing a helicopter air ambulance landing zone can challenge even the most seasoned professional. To prepare you for the busy and potentially chaotic environment that may follow a helicopter air ambulance flight request, author S. G. Nix familiarizes the reader with important safety topics and landing zone procedures that are accepted throughout the air medical industry.
In this guide, the reader will learn how to confidently:
- coordinate a helicopter air ambulance flight request
- select and prepare helicopter air ambulance landing zones
- supervise landing zone activities
- confidently work in a variety of key landing zone positions
- overcome challenges and respond to unusual situations that could jeopardize the safety of the flight crew, landing zone personnel, and the patient
Nix also includes three important appendixes to enhance safety in the landing zone: a sample landing zone coordinator checklist, a sample tail rotor guard instruction sheet, and a sample lift assistance instruction sheet. Each of these samples can be modified to help individuals and agencies prepare for real-life situations and emergencies that may require a helicopter air ambulance.
About the Author
S. G. Nix is a retired US Army Warrant Officer, a former military aviator, and an experienced helicopter air ambulance pilot. He holds a doctorate degree and has a strong background in aviation safety and accident prevention programs. This book, along with published peer-reviewed research studies and articles, reflects Dr. Nix's strong desire to help improve safety in the helicopter air ambulance industry.