Three Keys (A Front Desk Novel) (Hardcover)
Mia Tang thinks she's going to have the best year ever.
She and her parents are the proud owners of the Calivista Motel, Mia gets to run the front desk with her best friend, Lupe, and she's finally getting somewhere with her writing!
But as it turns out, sixth grade is no picnic...
1. Mia's new teacher doesn't think her writing is all that great. And her entire class finds out she lives and works in a motel!
2. The motel is struggling, and Mia has to answer to the Calivista's many, many worried investors.
3. A new immigration law is looming and if it passes, it will threaten everything -- and everyone -- in Mia's life.
It's a roller coaster of challenges, and Mia needs all of her determination to hang on tight. But if anyone can find the key to getting through turbulent times, it's Mia Tang!
About the Author
Praise for Three Keys:
* "Mia is the compassionate, action-driven heroine today's readers deserve." -- Publishers Weekly, starred review
* "Sixth grader Mia Tang returns to battle racism." -- Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* "A more-than-worthy sequel, full of hope and heart, even in the darkest of times." -- Booklist, starred review
* "A must-read for 2020." -- Colby Sharp, Co-founder of The Nerdy Book Club
Awards and Praise for Front Desk:
Parents' Choice Gold Medal Fiction Award Winner
NPR Best Books of the Year
Kirkus Reviews Best Books of the Year
Publishers Weekly Best Books of the Year
Washington Post Best Books of the Year
Amazon Best Books of the Year
School Library Journal Best Books of the Year
Bookpage Best Books of the Year
New York Public Library Best Books of the Year
Chicago Public Library Best Books of the Year
Top Ten Debut Novels 2018 -- ALA Booklist
* "Much-needed." -- Booklist, starred review
* "Empowered." -- Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* "Swiftly-moving." -- School Library Journal, starred review
* "Powerful." -- Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books, starred review