Xlib Reference Manual R5: The Definitive Guides to the X Window System (Paperback)
Out of Print - Sorry
Volume 2, Xlib Reference Manual, is a complete programmer's reference for Xlib. Covers X11 Release 4 and Release 5.Contents Include:
- Reference pages for Xlib functions
- Reference pages for event types
- Permuted index to Xlib functions
- Description of macros and reference pages for their function versions
- Listing of the server-side color database
- Alphabetical index and description of structures
- Alphabetical index and description of defined symbols
- KeySyms and their meaning
- Illustration of the standard cursor font
- Function group index to the right routine for a particular task
- Reference pages for Xlib-related Xmu functions (miscellaneous utilities)
- Four single-page reference aids for the GC and window attributes
- Over 100 new man pages covering Xcms, internationalization, and the function versions of macros.
- Updating to the R5 spec.
- New Returns sections on all the functions which return values, making this information easier to find.
About the Author
Adrian Nye is the author or editor of several volumes in the X Window System Series from O'Reilly & Associates. Adrian has worked as a programmer writing educational software in C and as a mechanical engineer designing offshore oil spill cleanup equipment. He has interests in the environment and the impact of people and technology. He graduated from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1984 with a B.S. in mechanical engineering.