Getting to Know Web GIS (Paperback)
Get the latest information about online GIS using ArcGIS(R) apps and functionality.
Capabilities of Web GIS keep expanding, and Getting to Know Web GIS, fifth edition, describes some of the most cutting-edge and exciting innovations. From publishing data as services and configuring engaging web and mobile apps to automation, scripting, and real-world applications, this book shares how to use the most current software and apps for using ArcGIS in the cloud.
Use the fifth edition to:
- improve your online visual storytelling,
- work with 2D smart mapping and 3D web scenes,
- create informative web experiences and dashboards,
- support field operations and data collection using mobile apps,
- use new data science tools for spatial analysis and geoprocessing,
- detect objects using deep learning packages,
- program a triggered notification using a visual interface, and more.
GIS expert, instructor, and author Pinde Fu provides lecture slides and additional resources in an online story using ArcGIS StoryMaps.
Today's modern GIS is Web GIS--get onboard with one of the most interesting and creative areas of GIS.