I Survived the Battle of Gettysburg, 1863 (Prebound)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 7 in the I Survived series.
- #2: I Survived the Shark Attacks of 1916 (Prebound): $16.80
- #3: I Survived Hurricane Katrina, 2005 (Prebound): $16.80
- #4: I Survived the Bombing of Pearl Harbor, 1941 (Prebound): $18.48
- #5: I Survived the San Francisco Earthquake, 1906 (MP3 CD): Email or call for price.
- #6: I Survived the Attacks of September 11th, 2001 (Prebound): $18.48
- #8: I Survived the Japanese Tsunami, 2011 (Prebound): $16.80
- #9: I Survived the Nazi Invasion, 1944 (Prebound): $16.80
- #10: I Survived the Destruction of Pompeii, A.D. 79: Book 10 of the I Survived Series (MP3 CD): Email or call for price.
- #11: I Survived the Great Chicago Fire, 1871: Book 11 of the I Survived Series (MP3 CD): Email or call for price.
- #12: I Survived the Joplin Tornado, 2011: Book 12 of the I Survived Series (MP3 CD): Email or call for price.
- #13: I Survived the Hindenburg Disaster, 1937 (I Survived #13) (Library Edition) (Hardcover): $18.69
- #14: I Survived the Eruption of Mount St. Helens, 1980 (I Survived #14) (Library Edition) (Hardcover): $18.69
- #15: I Survived the American Revolution, 1776 (Library Edition) (Library Binding): $18.69
- #16: I Survived the Children’s Blizzard, 1888 (I Survived #16) (Library Edition) (Hardcover): $28.59
- #17: I Survived the Attack of the Grizzlies, 1967 (Prebound): $17.38
- #18: I Survived the Battle of D-Day, 1944 (Prebound): $15.80
The bloodiest battle in American history is under way . . .
It's 1863, and Thomas and his little sister, Birdie, have fled the farm where they were born and raised as slaves. Following the North Star, looking for freedom, they soon cross paths with a Union soldier. Everything changes: Corporal Henry Green brings Thomas and Birdie back to his regiment, and suddenly it feels like they've found a new home. Best of all, they don't have to find their way north alone-they're marching with the army.
But then orders come through: The men are called to battle in Pennsylvania. Thomas has made it so far . . . but does he have what it takes to survive Gettysburg?
About the Author
Lauren Tarshis is the editor of Scholastic's Storyworks magazine and group editorial director for language arts for Scholastic classroom magazines, in addition to being the author of the I Survived series and the critically acclaimed novels Emma-Jean Lazarus Fell Out of a Tree and Emma-Jean Lazarus Fell in Love. She lives in Westport, Connecticut, and can be found online at www.laurentarshis.com.