C# 8.0 and .NET Core 3.0 - Modern Cross-Platform Development - Fourth Edition: Build applications with C#, .NET Core, Entity Framework Core, ASP.NET C (Paperback)
Publisher's Note: Microsoft ceased support for .NET Core 3.0 in March 2020. A new edition of this book is available that uses .NET 6 (an LTS release with support up until November 2024), C# 10, and Visual Studio 2022, as well as Visual Studio Code.
- Build modern, cross-platform applications with .NET Core 3.0
- Get up to speed with C#, and up to date with all the latest features of C# 8.0
- Start creating professional web applications with ASP.NET Core 3.0
In C# 8.0 and .NET Core 3.0 - Modern Cross-Platform Development, Fourth Edition, expert teacher Mark J. Price gives you everything you need to start programming C# applications.
This latest edition uses the popular Visual Studio Code editor to work across all major operating systems. It is fully updated and expanded with new chapters on Content Management Systems (CMS) and machine learning with ML.NET.
The book covers all the topics you need. Part 1 teaches the fundamentals of C#, including object-oriented programming, and new C# 8.0 features such as nullable reference types, simplified switch pattern matching, and default interface methods. Part 2 covers the .NET Standard APIs, such as managing and querying data, monitoring and improving performance, working with the filesystem, async streams, serialization, and encryption. Part 3 provides examples of cross-platform applications you can build and deploy, such as web apps using ASP.NET Core or mobile apps using Xamarin.Forms. The book introduces three technologies for building Windows desktop applications including Windows Forms, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), and Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps, as well as web applications, web services, and mobile apps.
What you will learn:
- Build cross-platform applications for Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, and Android
- Explore application development with C# 8.0 and .NET Core 3.0
- Explore ASP.NET Core 3.0 and create professional web applications
- Learn object-oriented programming and C# multitasking
- Query and manipulate data using LINQ
- Use Entity Framework Core and work with relational databases
- Discover Windows app development using the Universal Windows Platform and XAML
- Build mobile applications for iOS and Android using Xamarin.Forms
Who this book is for
Readers with some prior programming experience or with a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) background, who want to gain a solid foundation with C# 8.0 and .NET Core 3.0.