Android UI Development with Jetpack Compose: Bring declarative and native UIs to life quickly and easily on Android using Jetpack Compose (Paperback)
Get started with creating intuitive native user interfaces on Android platforms
- Understand the difference between the imperative (Android View) and declarative (Jetpack Compose) approach
- Learn about the structure of a Compose app, built-in Compose UI elements, and core concepts such as state hoisting and composition over inheritance
- Write, test, and debug composable functions
Jetpack Compose is Android's new framework for building fast, beautiful, and reliable native user interfaces. It simplifies and significantly accelerates UI development on Android using the declarative approach. This book will help developers to get hands-on with Jetpack Compose and adopt a modern way of building Android applications. The book is not an introduction to Android development, but it will build on your knowledge of how Android apps are developed.
Complete with hands-on tutorials and projects, this easy-to-follow guide will get you up to speed with the fundamentals of Jetpack Compose such as state hoisting, unidirectional data flow, and composition over inheritance and help you build your own Android apps using Compose. You'll also cover concepts such as testing, animation, and interoperability with the existing Android UI toolkit.
By the end of the book, you'll be able to write your own Android apps using Jetpack Compose.
What You Will Learn:
- Gain a solid understanding of the core concepts of Jetpack Compose
- Develop beautiful, neat, and immersive UI elements that are user friendly, reliable, and performant
- Build a complete app using Jetpack Compose
- Add Jetpack Compose to your existing Android applications
- Test and debug apps that use Jetpack Compose
- Find out how Jetpack Compose can be used on other platforms
Who this book is for:
This book is for any mobile app developer looking to understand the fundamentals of the new Jetpack Compose framework and the benefits of native development. A solid understanding of Android app development, along with some knowledge of the Kotlin programming language, will be beneficial. Basic programming knowledge is necessary to grasp the concepts covered in this book effectively.