Murach's MySQL (3rd Edition) (Paperback)
This is the latest edition of the book that application developers worldwide have used to master MySQL...now updated for MySQL 8.0 and beyond.
- It shows how to code all the essential SQL statements for working with a MySQL database. You'll use these statements every day to have MySQL do more of your work for you.
- It shows how to use classic MySQL features such as summary queries, subqueries, functions, views, transactions, stored procedures, triggers, and security.
- It shows how to take advantage of newer MySQL features such as window functions, Common Table Expressions (CTE), and roles for database security.
- It shows how to design a database, including how to use MySQL Workbench to create and implement the design.
- It presents a starting set of skills for a database administrator (DBA) if you're interested in that career path or if you need to be your own DBA.
In short, it's a must-have guide for anyone who works with MySQL, beginning and experienced developers alike.