Swift Apprentice (Sixth Edition): Beginning Programming with Swift (Paperback)
Email or call for price.
Learn How to Program with Swift
Swift is the easiest way to get started developing on Apple's platforms: iOS, iPadOS, macOS, watchOS and tvOS. In this book, you'll learn the basics of Swift from getting started with playgrounds to simple operations to building your own types. Everything you'll learn is platform-neutral; you'll have a firm understanding of Swift by the end of this book, and you'll be ready to move on to whichever app platform you're interested in.
Who This Book Is For:
This book is for complete beginners to Swift. No prior programming experience is necessary
Topics Covered in The Swift Apprentice
- Playground basics: Learn about the coding environment where you can quickly and easily try out your code as you learn.
- Basic types: Numbers and strings are the basic kinds of data in any app -- learn how to use them in Swift.
- Flow control: Your code doesn't always run straight through -- learn how to use conditions and decide what to do.
- Functions: Group your code together into reusable chunks to run and pass around.
- Collection types: Discover the many ways Swift offers to store and organize data into collections.
- Protocols & protocol-oriented programming: Define protocols to make your code more interface-based and compositional.
- Advanced topics: Learn how to create custom operators, organize your code, write tests, manage memory, serialize your types and so much more.
After reading this book and completing your Swift apprenticeship by working through the included exercises and challenges, you'll be ready to take on app development on the platform of your choice