Mechanical Support for Heart Failure: Current Solutions and New Technologies (Hardcover)
Email or call for price.
Special Order - Check for Availability
This book provides a comprehensive overview of mechanical circulatory support of the failing heart in adults and children. The book uniquely combines engineering knowledge and the clinician's perspective into a single resource, while also providing insights into current and future development of mechanical circulatory support technology, such as ventricular assist devices, the total artificial heart and catheter-based technologies for heart failure. Topics featured in this book include:
- The history of mechanical circulatory device development.
- Fundamentals of hemodynamics support.
- Clinical management of mechanical circulatory devices.
- Surgical implantation techniques.
- Current limitations of device therapies in advanced heart failure.
- Advanced and novel devices in the development pipeline.
- Opportunities for advancement in the field.
About the Author
Jamshid H. Karimov, MD, PhD Adjunct Assistant Professor of Molecular Medicine Department of Biomedical EngineeringCleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve UniversityLerner Research InstituteCleveland ClinicKiyotaka Fukamachi, MD, PhD Professor of Molecular MedicineDepartment of Biomedical EngineeringCleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve UniversityLerner Research InstituteCleveland Clinic Randall C Starling, MD, MPH, FACC, FAHA, FHFSA, FESC, FHFAProfessor of MedicineDepartment of Cardiovascular Medicine Kaufman Center for Heart FailureHeart and Vascular InstituteCleveland Clinic