Modern Arm Assembly Language Programming (Kobo eBook)
Gain the fundamentals of Armv8-A 32-bit and 64-bit assembly language programming. This book emphasizes Armv8-A assembly language topics that are relevant to modern software development. It is designed to help you quickly understand Armv8-A assembly language programming and the computational resources of Arm’s SIMD platform. It also contains an abundance of source code that is structured to accelerate learning and comprehension of essential Armv8-A assembly language constructs and SIMD programming concepts. After reading this book, you will be able to code performance-optimized functions and algorithms using Armv8- A 32-bit and 64-bit assembly language.
Modern Arm Assembly Language Programming accentuates the coding of Armv8-A 32-bit and 64-bit assembly language functions that are callable from C++. Multiple chapters are also devoted to Armv8-A SIMD assembly language programming. These chapters discuss how to code functions that are used in computationally intense applications such as machine learning, image processing, audio and video encoding, and computer graphics.
The source code examples were developed using the GNU toolchain (g++, gas, and make) and tested on a Raspberry Pi 4 Model B running Raspbian (32-bit) and Ubuntu Server (64-bit). It is important to note that this is a book about Armv8-A assembly language programming and not the Raspberry Pi.
What You Will Learn
- See essential details about the Armv8-A 32-bit and 64-bit architectures including data types, general purpose registers, floating-point and SIMD registers, and addressing modes
- Employ Armv8-A assembly language to efficiently manipulate common data types and programming constructs including integers, arrays, matrices, and user-defined structures
- Create assembly language functions that perform scalar floating-point arithmetic using the Armv8-A 32-bit and 64-bit instruction sets
- Harness the Armv8-A SIMD instruction sets to significantly accelerate the performance of computationally intense algorithms in applications such as machine learning, image processing, computer graphics, mathematics, and statistics.
- Apply leading-edge coding strategies and techniques to optimally exploit the Armv8-A 32-bit and 64-bit instruction sets for maximum possible performance
Who This Book Is For
Software developers who are creating programs for Armv8-A platforms and want to learn how to code performance-enhancing algorithms and functions using the Armv8-A 32-bit and 64-bit instruction sets. Readers should have previous high-level language programming experience and a basic understanding of C++.