Seed to Dust (Kobo eBook)
- For fans of Maid and readers of James Herriot (All Things Bright and Beautiful and All Creatures Great and Small), Seed to Dust follows a year in the life of a professional gardener at work on a sprawling British country estate owned by his mysterious employer, “Miss Cashmere”.
- Hamer’s musings on his mysterious, enigmatic employer and on his own life—including a period spent homeless as a teenager—add a layer of mystery and sentiment to his unusually compelling gardening memoir.
- Publishes in conjunction with National Gardening Month (April).
- Highly anticipated follow up to the Indie Next Pick and Hamer’s critically acclaimed memoir How to Catch a Mole.
- A poetic and evocative meditation on the cycles of nature, and life itself.
- A unique piece of nature writing that combines memoir, gardening and folklore, with philosophical musings and natural history.
- Hamer’s How to Catch a Mole was longlisted for the prestigious Wainwright Prize.
- Shortlisted for the 2021 Wainwright Prize for Nature Writing