Hysterectomy for Benign Conditions (Kobo eBook)
This book is written with practising gynecologists and resident doctors-in-training in mind.
Hysterectomy is one of the most common major surgeries among women. This book uniquely emphasizes a patient-centered approach to the subject, encompassing the indications for hysterectomy, patient autonomy, and the role of gynecologists in ensuring a safe experience of the patient's journey in the procedure.
The chapters comprehensively cover the principles and practice of surgery based on anatomy, physiology and pathology. Surgical procedures are described in detail, illustrated with clear colorful photographs.
The content of the book also details the need, merits and demerits of each procedure, followed by the stepwise careful approach to avoid complications.
- Foreword by Professor Sir S Arulkumaran
- Hysterectomy — What and Why
- Laparotomy for Hysterectomy
- Anatomy of Pelvic Structures Relevant to Hysterectomy
- Abdominal Hysterectomy Procedure
- Vaginal Hysterectomy
- Laparoscopy for Hysterectomy
- Laparoscopy Hysterectomy Procedure
- Perioperative Care
Readership: Obstetricians, Gynaecologists, Residents, Trainees.