Working at Brilliant Books
Interested in joining the Brilliant Books team? We'll post any available positions here! Please make sure to read the description and instructions thoroughly. To get a sense of our current team, check out our Meet the Staff profiles.
A part- to full-time position, the person in this role would assist customers by recommending and locating books and other items, as well as completing general bookstore tasks such as shelving, dusting, creating displays, and writing reviews. We're looking for someone smart and creative who wants to take ownership of the position. Customer service skills are a must, as are critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Please be aware that this position is quite physical, involving shifts up to eight hours on your feet (with breaks, of course), as well as bending, reaching, and lifting up to 30 lbs on a regular basis.
Skills and Requirements:
- Demonstrates a passion for books and literature
- Excellent customer service skills
- Tech savvy and comfortable with a range of software systems
- Self-motivated and conscientious in your work
All booksellers receive a compensation package commensurate with experience, including:
- Hourly wage beginning at $14 minimum (excluding paid two week training period)
- Paid time off for sick leave and personal days available upon hiring
- Paid vacation available at 90 days employment
- Healthcare package available at 90 days employment
- Shared tips divided based on hours worked; all tips are in addition to hourly wage
The expected compensation package for a full-time bookseller after one year is approximately $17/hour, including tips and healthcare coverage.
Email your resume and cover letter to working@Brilliant-Books.net.